Wednesday, July 8, 2009

Sailor Bloomer Shorts

So I've been working hard to stock my etsy shop and this week I launch it. Most of what I post on my etsy shop will be handmade with some hand selected vintage. Until I assumed the role of "designer" I never realized how much hard work goes into constructing garments and designing them. I always enjoyed the ready-made manufactured clothes I bought from stalwart retailers but never appreciated a garment the way I do now. Now, I respect designers, especially the ones like me that do everything themselves. Now, I know that instead of supporting the stalwart retailers that already have more than enough money, that it's very important to support the struggling artist and designer. The process of launching this shop has poured in a lot of blood, sweat, and tears on my part.

Support handmade!

My first item is the one below. Taken straight from the site, the description is:

Perfect for these warmer months, these cute bloomers feature an elastic waist and leg openings. When worn, they sit right at your hips for a comfortable fit. Made in with a pair of upcycled, reclaimed sweats and adorned with an anchor patch on the left leg, these shorts are uber ecofriendly.

- Elastic waist and leg openings
- Anchor sailor patch on left leg
- Reclaimed Cotton/poly pile knit sweater material
- Will fit a Small/Medium
- Waistband: 14.5" inches laid flat
- Inseam: 6" inches
- Leg Opening: 8.5" inches

Like it? You can buy it here.






Stay tuned for other items!

No comments:

Post a Comment