Thursday, December 31, 2009

Virgo in Downtown Los Angeles



Before and after my design internship interview in Downtown Los Angeles, I came across a small boutique with a unique vintage aesthetic. I did take pictures, but they're not the best quality since I took them with my iPhone.

A diamond in the rough surrounded by designer knock-offs, this urbanoutfitters-esque boutique, open only for about a month, caught my eye with their displays in the front making me want to walk in and see what it was all about. Most of the pieces that were in the shop were altered/modernized vintage items mostly for women. They also had a few select pieces for what seemed to be children's and a select few leather jackets and plaid shirts for men. They also carried Stampd LA shoes as well as a vast array of vintage boots and shoes to go with your outfit. I also noticed some of their pieces and accessories labeled as Boos and Besito which I believe is their own line of pieces. I loved their accessories and some of their screen printed shirts that screamed for attention.


 
 
  
  
 
 

 I absolutely loved this boutique. It's good to see that shops like this that open in the economy during its current state. Should you be in the Los Angeles Downtown area next to Santee, be sure to swing be and visit the ladies of Virgo.

Rana Shoar & Alejandra Hernandez
216 E. 9th Street
Los Angeles CA 90015

Follow them on twitter!

No comments:

Post a Comment