Saturday, January 16, 2010

Jean-Paul Gaultier for Target lookbook

Posted yesterday on Refinery29.com was the lookbook for Jean-Paul Gaultier for Target, another designer collaboration. It's slated to come out earlier than the Zac Posen collection I posted on my previous post with a release date of March 7th.

Overall, I'm confused by the collection. I love some of the silhouettes but then they're paired with shiteous tattoo-print leggings or long sleeve. I feel like the prints in the collection are not cohesive at all. This is one of those collections where I have to hear where the inspiration is coming from because I'm not getting the vibe at all. I see silhouettes and styles that are probably inspired by the 1950s (moto jackets, circle/halter dresses, pinstripe/fedora, gingham plaid) mixed with tattoo print knits? So confused.

Loving these looks:



Those tattoo-print knits are fug and throw it all off.



 
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment