Monday, August 2, 2010

Me as The Wedding Singer

If you follow the other blog, Style Insights, you've caught up on my trip back to my home and place of birth, San Francisco and why I was there with outfits and all. But if you haven't, I'll brief you. I was up north to sing for my friend Nicole's wedding.

I had the hardest time with song selection. I didn't wanna just sing any old song, after all I planned on posting my performances on YouTube and I didn't want to re-hash or re-do any songs I'd already done. I originally told her I'd sing Alicia Keys - If I Ain't Got You, but asked if I could surprise her. So I sang Mary J. Blige - Be Without You and Faith Evans - Love Like This; the most two unconventional wedding songs I could think of and share with you people.

I guess you could say I was waiting for the perfect event to wear this dress I made for my couture class. I was gonna make it a "Vegas" dress, but no trips to Vegas have arise and because of the chiffon-y material, I can't just wear it out since it's pretty dressy. Overall, I'm glad how the outfit came out even though the picture isn't so great (since you can't see my shoes and the sun is in my face and I have that sun squinting look on my face).

Outfit Details:

Dress: Designed and Constructed by yours truly
Belt and Chain: Vintage
Bracelets: Swarovsky and Forever 21
Shoes: Jessica Simpson Dany



And now for performances... You'll have to excuse my nervousness sucky singing (I had a couple drinks before I got up there) and awkward dancing (it's hard to get down in 6 inch platform heels without looking wonky). I think my singing sounds good in my head, and when I play it back, its a #wholenothastory. LOL. Whatever though... Love it or hate it, at the end of the day I love singing.



No comments:

Post a Comment