Tuesday, September 21, 2010

September Happenins

As some of you may well know, I'm a makeup artist that works for MAC Cosmetics and I've been busy the the past couple months with that job pulling out all the stops since we have some major launches coming up in the next couple of weeks so I've been spreading myself thin when it comes to all the extra stuff I love doing like blogging here, Style Insights, J.Faye on Etsy, and YouTube. So here's a couple obligatory updates for what happened the first couple weeks in September.

UPDATE on Project Style: I lost. Sad.




I really think it came down to who had the most votes and not the actual outfit. Not to brag or anything, but I think my video and outfit were better than the other girl's. Her outfit looked like anyone could wear it. Nothing about her outfit really stood out to me. Okay, enough with my bitter Kanye moment.

It was hard to get people to vote on a website that didn't have a working link to Facebook. If I were someone, I would hate signing up for something I knew I wasn't going to use so I can understand why I didn't have many votes. Anyway, I'm glad I got chosen to be in the contest and I got a free $150 gift card to go shopping; the upside.

I also have some new YouTube videos up. The first one is the new Jazmine Sullivan joint that I got stuck in my head and really needed to get out. I practiced the song a couple times before I recorded and did the recording in one take. There's a couple spots that are pitchy, so sorry for that. A lot of my videos are one take since my neighbor downstairs doesn't like my singing too much and I think doing my videos in one take shows how real they are. Obvi, there's some takes that I'll re-do because I fuck up the words (the Aquarian perfectionist in me). But most of them are one take, one try type deals.



The second video is a request from my cousin from weeks and weeks ago that I haven't had time to do until now.



I've also updated the Style Insights blog with a post on Etsy shops based in my area and updated my Etsy with new select vintage pieces and eyewear. So take a gander!

No comments:

Post a Comment