Monday, March 11, 2013

Office Attire

A couple weeks ago I stumbled across Johnston and Murphy after seeing their Cheyenne Lace Booties for $99.99. I couldn't resist especially because I had been eyeing the J. Crew Macalister for months, but was debating if I should wait for Clarks to come out with a wedge version of their Wallabee, so you can imagine my surprise when I saw these:



Johnston & Murphy

To be honest, I had probably heard of Johnston & Murphy once before stumbling upon them online. In my mind with the one mention I knew, I thought of them as another "dressy shoe" company that fell into the "Florsheim" category for business casual older folks that looked at comfort over style.

After browsing through their website and getting a catalogue in the mail that came with these shoes, it seems as if they're going through a brand renewal of sorts by offering "younger" looking styles like this boot. For the spring, their assortment gives off a Cole Haan type of vibe.

Anyway, I was so glad to have come across this particular shoe because (I don't know if this happens with some people, but) I'd been dreaming about a design like this forever and was waiting for someone/brand to come out with it at a price I wanted to actually buy them at. Being that I'm a leather snob (aka, I hate buying anything PU/fake leather/pleather), I (still) refuse to buy "trendy" shoes that will eventually fall apart and make your feet smell.

Thanks Johnston & Murphy!

Outfit Deets:





No comments:

Post a Comment