Wednesday, March 13, 2013

Blonde with Bart


Dramatics NYC Made a Blonde aZn


Two Saturdays ago, I went to Dramatics NYC in the West Village for an appointment I was supposed to have with someone I booked with through StyleSeat (a promising website where you can book a beauty stylist online, with a non-functioning iPhone app), but she called out and I got colored by a chick named Aphrodite instead who I highly recommend if you're an aZn like me trying to go blonde.



I will say that the assistants at that salon are pretty junior (aka unprofessional), the job Aphrodite did was nothing short of amazing! For my long ass hair, I was expecting to pay close to $300, but for full highlights, hair treatment, blow out and styling it was close to $250.

Sorry for the post turning into a Yelp review...lol


Romwe "The Simpsons Leggings"


Back to the outfit details. Some weeks ago, Jerald and I got off the train and saw some chick at our stop with these awesome Bart Simpson leggings. I immediately thought Jeremy Scott since he did snippets of a Simpsons collection for Fall/Winter 2012. Anyway, I searched high and low for them and found them here on Romwe.


They caused quite a stir the whole day with a whole bunch of people breakin' necks and eyes poppin'. Trying to tone them down with earthy tones probably helped me look less crazy...haha.
The many faces of Bart Simpson. He held the middle one on the right the whole time I  got my hair done.


Outfit Deets:


  • ASOS Leather Biker Jacket - I've had it for a year, and it's continued to be a staple in my wardrobe. 
  • H&M Oversized Button Down Shirt 
  • Cotton On Grove SL Tank - This Australian fast fashion brand exploded on the West Coast with stores yet to be seen on the east coast. Love them for pretty cheap basics.
  • Proenza Schouler PS11 Classic Shoulder Bag, Black - Classic. Lately, a constant go-to.
  • Romwe "The Simpsons" Leggings - I love these, but I will say that with any nylon pair you have, they'll snag easily (stay away from velcro) and are pretty long (for a person under 5'3"..lol)
  • Prada Tonal Taupe Acetate Minimal Baroque Sunglasses -  A happy birthday to myself from last year that have remained.
  • Johnston and Murphy Cheyenne Lace Bootie - I love the fact I was able to get these at $100. Beats the almost $200 I was going to spend on the J. Crew Macalister wedges.
  • No comments:

    Post a Comment